Right now a month ago, I’ve received my new crashbars that i’ve ordered of moto-adventure-tech.com.pl/.
Here is a short review of the crashbars and rack, including pricing.
First of all, let’s see what I’ve ordered.
1) Stelaż Givi Kappa (Rear rack for Givi & Kappa panniers)
2) Gmol Model ADVENTURE (Basic crashbars)
3) Dodatek Górny do Gmola Adventure XF (Tank protectors)
4) Dodatek Dolny do Gmola Adventure XF (Steps & pedal protectors)
It was delivered in about 1-2 weeks, using priority shipping.
Costs a little bit more, but wasn’t a problem, since it was just -,€4 extra.
It came in a cardboard box, wrapped in a plastic bag. The delivery guys should be more carefull with my parcels. Luckely it was very well packaged, only 1 missing bolt.
This is just the standard issue crashbar, looks a lot better than an Hepco & Becker one.
The crashbar mounts with new internal hex bolts to the engine mount and footpegs.
Sturdy enough for me.
This is with thebar with extra tank protector and step-and pedal protector.
It’s about a -,€45 option.
It also doesn’t stick out as much as an Hepco & Becker bar, which is very convenient for filtering motorcyclists like me.
It also gives it a better look, but it weights down the bike a lot more.
I haven’t got a proper installation guide for the rear rack, but I can tell you that the rear rack mounts to the rear footpegs and the original topcase carrier bolt-on points.
In total, the whole set isn’t wider than my handlebars and filtering through traffic isn’t a problem.
The only thing I had to do was raising the bike a little bit more to compensate for the extra weight.
Let’s summarize everything in a category.
Build quality and looks
– Tig welded, fully powdercoated, made from thick steel tubes
– Kicking it will definitly hurt your feet
– The rack doesn’t fit very well, some power is needed to pull it in place.
– Symmetrical built rear rack, no wider pannier on the left hand side
– Crashbar protects the sides fully, including the pegs and pedals
– I paid about -,€280 for the whole set, including shipping and transaction costs
– An Hepco & Becker Crashbar and rack costs about -,€312 without shipping
– Very sturdy, that kind of quality is just nice
– Looks nice
– Doesn’t fit always that right
– Sometimes the footpeg protectors are in the way of the shift pedal
– Weights a lot
You can find this set for the Suzuki Freewind XF650 at:
Moto-Adventure-Tech.com.pl (opens in new tab)